Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Okay you've eaten, now Line up!


The Lineup: November ‘11

What I can’t live without: Nostalgia.  Earlier this month, I along with my mentee and her family, visited my Alma Mater.  My mentee is applying there and she went for a visit.  Aside from reconnecting with old friends, seeing my University through her eyes really allowed me to re-live those years.  Those four years were special and it made me fall in love with those memories all over again.  The only thing that would make things better would be for her to get an acceptance letter. J #GoWC
(Related: A great conversation that I had with some fellow alums over Thanksgiving break.)
(Related: Thanksgiving dinner... yummm!)

What you should really care about: Penn State Scandal.
Why you need to care: I usually reserve this space for something political but there are some things that deserve attention whether or not an election is involved.  By now, most of you are familiar with the allegations that former a Penn State assistant coach sexually abused young boys.  I won’t bore you with regurgitated opinions on this issue other than the fact that if you choose to put your “image” over the welfare of children, you are going to pay for it dearly and you will deserve it.


My fave book right now: What the Dog Saw.  Anyone that knows me or was willing to ask, knows that Malcolm Gladwell is my favorite author.  The Tipping Point, Blink and Outliers are easily the most fun I’ve ever had reading.  Although this book is simply a collection of his entries in the New Yorker, they are all new to me and I’m loving every piece.  Go cop it. 


Holy Hypocrisy Batman!: Can someone please remind me which part of the sanctity of marriage that opposers of gay marriage are trying to protect?  We just saw Kim Kardashian file for divorce after only 72 days.  It’s well within her rights but she also made $16 million dollars broadcasting her wedding across the nation.  Am I to believe that two men who are in love with each other and who probably risked their lives and relationship with their own families to be openly gay would do more to tarnish the image marriage?  Why aren’t all these people criticizing Kim and Kris for the sham that they put on? S. M. F. H.


Evil Nerds: Seriously what does one benefit from hacking into Facebook and forcing obscene pictures onto people’s news feeds?  I’m sure you are still hurting from not getting girls in High School but there’s no way that pictures of mutilated animals are helping.  Its quite realistic to be a super nerd and get chicks.  Come up with an idea, create a dope technology and get bought out by Google.  Problem solved.


Gone too soon:  Artists from my generation aren’t supposed to die yet.  Period.  You will be missed.
(Related: Patrice O’Neal – Really funny dude.  Was finally starting to get the recognition that he deserved)


You should have Netflix’d: Captain America.  Not sure what’s going on but Marvel has been cranking out some really good movies.  Growing up, I wasn’t the biggest fan of Captain America but Marvel did a great job creating a solid action movie while telling a great story.  The Avengers movie next year is going to be epic.
(UNrelated: Bridesmaids – Sooooo overrated. Like Reggie Bush-Sopranos Finale-Carter 3 kind of overrated)


Had to make room on my iPod for: Drizzy.  Once again high expectations and pressure faced Drake; and once again he delivered.  One of the most polarizing figures in hip-hop dropped his sophomore album Take Care and if you are a fan of his music, you won’t be disappointed.  If you aren’t a fan, well then… take care (lol).
(Related: Fred the Godson; Kendrick Lamar)


Can’t wait for: MI4.  Loved the first one.  Hated the 2nd.  Really Loved the 3rd one; so I’m excited to see what Tom and Paula (yes!) will do with the 4th installment of the Mission Impossible franchise.
(Related: X-Mas gifts!; NBA Basketball – FIN-A-F**KING-LY)

No comments:

Post a Comment