Thursday, November 10, 2011

Landon Pigg knows what he's talking about


Coffee Shops

As I write this, I’m sitting at a Cosi.  For those that’s never been there, its like a combination of Starbucks and Panera Bread where you can get everything from a latte to a flatbread pizza.  It’s definitely a destination spot with comfortable chairs, warm color schemes and of course, free WiFi.  The good folks at Cosi expect you to purchase a few things and then spend a few hours taking care of whatever business that you want.  Usually around this time, if I’m not eating, I’m watching television or playing Playstation.  Spending a few hours at Cosi is definitely not on my short list of things to do; yet I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else in the world.  Why?

Because she’s here too.

She needs to be here to handle her business and asked me if I could keep her company so I was honored to oblige.  So here we sit - me on one side of the table typing and her on the other side pen in hand, reading a book.  Other than a few glances and a couple of quick comments about a text message or what we’re going to drink we’re barely interacting.  But I know we’re connected.  There’s an unspoken chemistry where I’m happy she’s including me in her life and she’s happy that I’m doing what I can to support her.

People wonder (including myself) how do you know for sure when you’re in love and if the person next to you is the one for you?  Well I’ve known for a while, but this moment at Cosi has given me the words to articulate it.  I think a good sign that you’re in love is when you are willing to – at a moment’s notice – do something you wouldn’t normally do simply because it would make that other person smile.  When the one thing that bores you suddenly becomes the thing you most enjoy because he or she is sharing the same space, you have something special.

We all have epiphanies that float in and out of our consciousness that allows us to fully understand and appreciate the moment that we’re currently in.  Sometimes it’s the birth of a child, sometimes it’s a near death experience and sometimes it’s as simple as blogging next to the woman that you love in a coffee shop.





… just in case you don’t know who Landon Pigg is.

6 comments:

  1. This has to be the most eloquent and beautifully written declaration of love that I have ever read- and I read a lot!
    This kind of love can move mountains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone's Mom...
    Wow! mere words cannot express the emotions I felt reading such a wondrous expression of feelings... most men are afraid to show their sensitive side, much less express their feelings in such an eloquent & poetic manner.
    I stand up to you & say thank you for been that man...& to your parent I say Bravo! great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I love that you did this. It makes you believe you love again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am Justin's mom and I could not be more proud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are sooo awesome and "she" being "me" loves you to pieces. We are on this journey together and I am looking forward to our future and everything that comes along with it. Thank you for being you and thank you for being man enough to display your love for me in many ways. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply a gentle-man. So lucky to know him. Luv sis

    ReplyDelete