Monday, October 31, 2011

You should be scared of this Lineup


The Lineup: October ‘11

What I can’t live without: Fear.  Nothing like the month of October for the cable networks to break out their horror movie marathons.  Although I didn’t go see Paranormal Activity 3 in the theaters like the rest of the world, I did enjoy bouncing around the tube catching old favorites like Saw, Texas Chainsaw…, The Shining, and Pet Cemetery.  Its still makes me laugh that once each year people will pay money and spend hours doing things that literally scare the hell out of them. 
(Related: The Walking Dead a.k.a. the most exciting show on television right now)



What you should really care about: The Republican Primary race.
Why you need to care:  You may not think that Obama is the best man for the job but there is no way that you can think that any of the remaining Republican candidates are any better. (Especially when Romney is the frontrunner?)  Seriously. The Environmental Protection Agency is the job killer??  National Public Radio and Planned Parenthood needed to go to balance the budget??? Seriously????


WTF of the month: Occupy Wall Street.  I dig a good protest.  I’m a direct product of the Civil Rights Movement but how exactly is sleeping in a tent going to fix the economic inequality in our country?  A protest without focus is just people hanging out.  Even the dumbest hostage takers have a list of demands.  Get some clear ones and then I’ll get behind y’all.


Most Kings: … get their heads cut off.  Libya is the latest country to have the freedom of democracy.  However, it did not have to end like this for Gadafhi, he could have done this instead.


Don’t ask me why I know this but…: Anya should not have won Project Runway this season. Period.  Would have been cool with either Viktor or Josh but researching her little sex scandal was fun lol.


You’re currently sleeping on:  The San Francisco 49ers.  Now sitting in 2nd place of NFC, they are having their best start since Jay-Z was sampling Annie songs.


You should have Netflix’d: Due Date.  This movie was actually better than I thought it would be.  Although I get it, I hate when an actor gets hot (Galifianakis) and then he’s in every 3rd movie that gets released – you just run the risk of wearing out your welcome.  But the pairng with Robert Downey Jr (a fantastic actor) worked and they managed to make a clichéd plot fresh.
(Related: Faces In The Crowd – not the best flick but it was so original and creatively done that it keeps you entertained all the way through)


Had to make room on my iPod for: Shady 2011 BET Cypher.  I know its not a real song but my favorite blog had this BET Hip-Hop Awards highlight turned into a MP3 so it currently stays on repeat.
(Related: Bawse! … he’s just a hit maker right now; no other way to describe it)


Can’t wait for:  The start of the NBA season.  Other than Thanksgiving turkey, I usually get really excited to see the best in the world play my favorite sport.  But somehow the two sides can’t figure out how to split the billions in revenue that pour in each season.  So while most of the word is concerned with revenue period, they can’t agree on how rich they want to be. SMH… Oh and if you didn’t realize it, that picture is arguably the best PG in the world playing in EUROPE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment