Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Now that's how you finish the year up strong... LINE UP!!!

KAPA's 2nd Annual Operation Santa Program

The Lineup: December ‘10

What I can’t live without:  That Christmas Spirit.  There’s nothing like it.  I’m not nearly as animated as I was when I was a kid but I still love the feeling.  I enjoy trying to guess and find the perfect gift for a loved one.  I love working on a project that raises money and buys gifts for children whose parents can’t afford them.  And... who doesn’t love receiving gifts?
(Related: Comfortable sweaters, hot coco on a cold day and the chance of a white Christmas.)
(UNrelated: my heat bill, shoveling snow, and those stupid Christmas specials on TV)



I really dig: A well written show.  Men of a Certain Age is back for its second season on TNT.  If you really enjoy quality writing when it comes to dialogue between two characters and character development, then you will love this show.
(Related: The West Wing – I’m crazy late but I’m catching up with the DVD’s – Thanks Geezy!!)


Did you see…: This kick.  Keep in mind this was in the final round of a championship fight.  Anthony “Showtime” Petits lived up to his name and won the belt with this Matrix style kick.  Welcome to the UFC.
(Related: “Showtime’s” episode on World of Jenks.)


Kindle this!: Switch: How to Change Things when Change is Hard.  This book by Dan and Chip Heath is for anyone with any sort of ambition and is ready to either make a change themselves or change the world around them.  Cycling between a “how-to” and a “motivational” piece, this book is a must have.


Don’t pee on my leg and tell me it’s raining:  To congress for even hinting at bipartisanship with this recent federal budget plan.  When one side holds a gun to the head of the other side, it doesn’t count as working together.
(UNrelated: Props to congress for voting to repeal “don’t ask, don’t tell” and the 9/11 benefits package... now imagine what would happen if they actually worked together.)


Unexpected Dopeness: The Walking Dead.  Or as I like to call it, my newest TV addiction.  The first season was only 6 episodes but they were incredible!  If you love zombies or enjoyed a game of Resident Evil, then this show is for you.


You should have Netflix’d: Shrek: The Final Chapter.  The fourth and final installment doesn’t disappoint.  It looks like I’m going to have to buy the box set.
(Related: Kung-Fu Panda)
(UNrelated: The Last Airbender - M. Night is a long, long, long way away from The Sixth Sense)


Had to make room on my iPod for: Lil Wayne – 6’7’.  Allegedly the first single off Tha Carter 4, Weezy wastes no time reminding people that he might be the best rapper alive.  Punchline after punchline, Wayne makes you hit the rewind button. Check it out Live! Also, props to Cory Gunz for destroying yet another song.
(UNrelated: T.I. – No Mercy; not so much for the quality of the album but for the simple fact that his dumba** is back in jail)


Welcome Back: E-V-E. She took a bit of a hiatus from music because, well, there was no money for female rappers and those Barbershop/UPN network checks surely didn’t bounce.  But she’s talented as hell and I can’t wait for her to drop her next album.
(Related: This joint with A. Keys)


Can’t wait for: 2011.  Toast to success and prosperity.  See you guys next year!
(Related: Hank Moody)

No comments:

Post a Comment