Thursday, September 30, 2010

Is your definition high enough for this Lineup?


The Lineup: September ‘10

What I can’t live without: Television.  With the new fall season beginning, I am stuck in front of the tube this month.  My DVR is going crazy.  Parenthood, the surprise show for me last season came back is back this month.  Great writing and characters that you can feel for, what more do you need?
(Related: Sons of Anarchy, Modern Family)



Looking forward to see…: What happens on this season of Dexter?  After what went down at the end of season 4 (one of the most shocking moments in TV in last 10 years), who knows what America’s favorite serial killer is going to do.


Will laugh until my tummy hurts:  Dwight K. Schrute.  Anyone that knows me knows that Dwight is my homeboy.  With this possibly being the last season with Michael Scott, I'm sure this season he will be in rare form.
(Related: It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, The League)


Hoping and Praying: That Undercovers isn’t a flop.  Please J.J. Abrams, at least convince NBC to keep it for an entire season.
(Related: Boardwalk Empire – So much hype, would be a big disappointment)


Brought me back in time: 30 for 30 – Tyson & Tupac.  I remember exactly where I was when I found out that Tupac finally succumbed to his gun shot wounds.  Pac and Tyson are both some of the most controversial celebrities in last 20 years and to think, their lives crossed paths so decisively on one night.  Must see.


The closest thing to Heat: ... since the movie Heat came out is The Town.  This movie is phenomenal, so much so that I was almost able to forgive Ben Affleck for those terrible movies during the J.Lo era.


Unexpected dopeness: Takers.  Did not expect a movie with T.I. and Chris Brown to be worth my $10 but it was surprisingly dope.  Great action, solid story – go check it out.
(Related: MTV's World of Jenks - surprisingly smart and well-made show)
(UNrelated: The 2010 MTV VMA’s – sucked.)


Holy s**t: Willow Smith’s song.  Ohh Emm Gee.


You should have Netflix’d: Date Night.  The surprise blockbuster of the year definitely doesn’t disappoint.  Steve Carrell and Tina Fey have a comedic chemistry that must have made working on set a 24/7 comedy show.
(Related: Hot Tub Time Machine, Death at a Funeral)


Had to make room on my iPod for: Rock music.  Recently watched VH1’s top 100 Artists and it inspired me to download a ton of classic rock songs.  The air guitar is definitely in full effect.
(Related: Joell Ortiz, Big Sean, Nicki Minaj)


Current Swag Level: Dirk Diggler singing, “You Got the Touch


Can’t wait for: The Miami Heat.  Say what you want about Lebron James but you are a liar if you aren’t going to watch his first game against the Celtics.
(Related: The Social Network, UFC121 – Lesnar vs. Velazquez)

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I feel guilty about all the TV I have been watching! There are way too many good shows on right now. My personal fav: Sons of Anarchy. FX always comes correct. Oh, and Dexter . . . yes, please!:)

    I agree that Date Night was awesome (me and my husband are still laughing about Marky Mark's shirtlessness).

    Rock music: is my life!

    ReplyDelete