Tuesday, July 6, 2010

PSA.



Hypocrisy

I am allergic to stupid behavior.  I am usually one of the first to jump on a soapbox and talk about a person who chooses to do anything that’s reckless or harmful to herself or others.  Well I am guilty of a stupid behavior – one that has deadly consequences and is easily avoidable.

I text while I drive.

Now I’ve heard the warnings everywhere – from Oprah to my mom to a broadcaster on ESPN – I simply couldn’t avoid the topic.  But I didn’t listen and instead gave every stupid excuse possible.  “I don’t do it that often”,  “I can do both”, “the rule only applies to teenagers”, blah, blah & blah.

The truth is texting while driving is dangerous and will eventually cause you to get in an accident. 

The hard part was figuring out what took me so long to figure that out.  If you told me to read a magazine or to take out my laptop and write an email while driving 60 miles an hour, I would think that you were crazy.  Yet, for some reason, I felt that pulling out my cell phone to read and type is okay. S-M-D-H.

It’s time that I look in the mirror and take responsibility for my actions.  Texting and driving is bad and I vow to stop doing it.  I ask that if you read this post, you choose to stop as well.  It doesn’t do me any good if I quit but you kill me running through a stop sign.

Pass this along.  Save a life.

1 comment: