Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Allow me to re-introduce myself....


For those that read my first blog, Past The Margin, you know that I like to start off by introducing myself. So here on Straight From The Pen, I’m going to begin in similar fashion and give you a sense of who I am and a few things that I believe in. (Shouts to Scoop Jackson for the inspiration)

I Believe that the Republican party sucks.

I Believe that the Democratic party sucks a little bit more.

I Believe that The Godfather is the greatest movie ever made.

I Believe that the movie is always better than the book because most books are boring and take longer than 2 hours to read.

I Believe in pre-nuptial agreements.

I Believe in love at first sight.

I Believe that Michael Jackson will be the greatest entertainer that I’ll ever see in my lifetime.

I Believe that his death was the best thing to happen to his career in the last 15 years.

I Believe that people who smoke cigarettes are stupid.

I Believe the same for people who say “no homo” after every sentence.

I Believe that Bill Russell is one of the greatest basketball players of all time.

I Believe that if he played today he wouldn’t start for any NBA team.

I Believe that weed should be legal.

I Believe that tattoos are awesome… just not on your face (especially if you plan on getting a real job).

I Believe that investing is the key to financial freedom.

I Believe that if you wear jeans that are tighter than your girlfriend’s, things have gone too far.

I Believe that America is the only country where you can be rich and famous without having any real ability or talent.

I Believe that you will like this blog. Even if you don’t, its got to be better than that spreadsheet you are working on so enjoy.

Next Post: Why Valentine’s Day sucks… coming soon

5 comments:

  1. Let the writing begin! Nice first post btw! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with most of your points. Although the book is usually better than the movie and Bill Russell could definitely start in the NBA today for a few teams. If Ben Wallace is a starter, Big Bill would be too. Hell, the Knicks could use him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with everything, but one - the book is ALWAYS better than the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilarious! I'm a fan.

    P.S.- The book is ALWAYS better than the movie and Republicans definitely suck a little bit more than Democrats. ;)

    ~Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bill would probably be a better fit for the NETS...Weed being illegal is probably the right choice bro, just think Cigarettes should be illegal as well...and "Straight" from the Pen should definitely be a fan of "No Homo" Lol!

    ReplyDelete