Thursday, September 22, 2011

Henna tattoos are for sissies.


Inked.

My tattoos represent the essence of hard work – temporary pain and discomfort for a lifetime of pleasure and satisfaction.

My tattoos are not fashionable and are not a response to any trend. 

My tattoos however, do display a contradiction between rebellion and conformity.

My tattoos are a commitment to the meanings and messages that they display.

My tattoos connect me to everyone else who has one because only someone who has a tattoo can relate to how that needle feels and sounds and that very first glimpse of it in the mirror.

My tattoos speak to the world in a way that my own voice cannot.

My tattoos - viewed in the wrong light - can misrepresent who I am.

My tattoos are the art displayed on my body’s canvass.

My tattoos make me smile when I look at them – they are like the perfect outfit that you never have to take off.

My tattoos will catch your eye; you can’t help it so I already forgive you for staring.

My tattoos force people to ask predictable questions, so I will provide answers to save time:  Yes they hurt.  New York and Miami.  I won’t change my mind about them.  No, I don’t care about how they will look when I’m 80.  I plan on staying in shape so no.  Mainly in one area but who knows.

My tattoos are great icebreakers – especially with people who have some of their own.

My tattoos tell a story.

My tattoos tell my story.

My tattoos are me.

No comments:

Post a Comment