Wednesday, August 31, 2011

No earthquake or hurricane can stop The Lineup!



The Lineup: August ‘11

What I can’t live without: E, Vinny, Drama, Turtle & Ari Motherf**king Gold.  The 8th and final season of Entourage is currently on and it is the most ambitious season (in terms of writing) yet.  Gone are the adolescent jokes and pranks and instead we have actual drama (no pun).  Don’t get me wrong, you still get your fill of laughs but this season is the most emotional and personal.  Definitely going out on a high note.
(Related: Curb Your Enthusiasm – Larry David is simply operating on a higher level this year. Might be the best season ever.)
(UNrelated: True Blood – this will be the final season that I’ll be watching.)


What you should really care about: B’s belly.
Why you need to care: By now we all know that Beyonce is officially preggo.  Why this is important is because in a world where celebrity almost does as much harm as it does good, B and her hubby Jay-Z have managed to sidestep all of the pitfalls and keep their romance and family private and pure.  You have to respect it.
(Related: Earthquake + Hurricane = One Crazy A** Week)


I Miss Dave: Some people are really great at 3 minute YouTube clips.  Unfortunately that doesn’t always translate into a 30-minute sketch comedy show.  I’m really glad that Affion is getting his chance to shine but I don’t see his new show lasting very long.  I’ll support it while it lasts though.


#EpicBeardMan: I’m not sure what it is about people with beards and their knockout power but Kimbo was at it again and knocked a guy out in only 17 seconds. Yikes.


You’re currently sleeping on: The Weeknd.  Canada’s own, Drake supported.  The Weeknd provides a hip R&B sound that gives a fresh spin on the standard ballad.  He’s probably won’t convert any Luther fans but he’s not trying to – he’s going after their granddaughters.


STILL Proud of: My girl Zoe.  Last year she has transformed her career to the point where she was the female lead in movies.  Now she has dropped the female part and is officially the lead of a blockbuster movie.  Yes, Colombiana was a badass movie and Ms. Saldana was one badass chick.
(Related: Nicki Minaj – Won a Moonman and is still flying high off her debut album.  I love that she stayed above the silly Lil Kim beef, avoided negative press and has managed to have the public focus on her music rather than sexuality.  For a rapper named “Minaj” that is a serious accomplishment (Flash in the pan, she is not.))


Unexpected dopeness: “Tell Beyonce, the punchlines will have Kelly ‘Rollin’”… I slept on this guy for a long time and in hindsight, I think it’s because he’s a funny looking dude. Go cop.


You should have Netflix’d: Limitless.  Not quite as good as I thought it would be but the concept alone kept me very much entertained and it begs you to ask the question, if there were a pill out there, would you take it?
(UNrelated: Hall Pass – silly, not in the good way.)


Had to make room on my iPod for: You probably already knew this but I along with millions of others are currently rocking with the Throne.  While its not a classic, its one of the best projects of 2011 and that makes me happy.
(Related: Carter 4 – sorta)


Can’t wait for: Sons of Anarchy – if you watch it then I don’t have to explain, if you never saw it, its time to catch up!
(Related: It’s Always Sunny – same as above. Shouts to Philly!)

No comments:

Post a Comment