Friday, May 27, 2011

May I interest you in a Lineup #Wit


The Lineup: May ‘11

What I can’t live without:  Inside the NBA. Not so much for the fact that this has been the most exciting NBA playoffs in a decade but because there’s been so many games this month that I literally had no time for anything else.  Seriously.  So far this month, there’s only been 4 days where there hasn’t been a game on.  Thankfully, EJ, Kenny “The Jet” and my boy Chuck helped me "fish" (inside ("inside" joke (get it?)) joke) in these crowded waters. #Wit


What you should really care about: The Stock Market
Why you need to care: Because you probably missed out on a lot of money.  Two years ago, if you read the newspapers, you would have thought that the world was going to end.  Sure the financial crisis was historic and people lost a lot, but unless you were actually retiring, you should have stayed in the market.  In fact you should have bought more stocks.  The market has rebounded and is closer to its 2007 highs than its 2009 lows and those that stayed made money.  Nothing beats, smart and well thought out investing.  Buying or selling in a panic when the crowd does only guarantees that you will lose.


Unexpected dopeness: Son of a Gun.  Otherwise known as my new favorite reality show.  The show revolves around rapper Corey Gunz and his journey towards success.  The real gem is seeing Nick Cannon (Yes, that one) arguing with Corey’s lawyer over who is his actual manager. Must see.


Mission Accomplished: Bin Laden killed.  Call of Duty style. #Wit
(UNrelated: Bush making the “mission accomplish” speech… in 2003… And for it being about Saddam Hussein.)


Better late than never: Weeds.  A lot of people have been telling me about this show for years but since I’ve been able to stream Netflix through my PS3, I decided to give it a shot.  It’s the comedy version of Breaking Bad, but the acting is great and there’s a ton of seasons so it can entertain you for months.


(Way) Past Your Prime Award:  This goes to Roy Jones Jr. for this. Its really over and he needs someone to convince him to hang it up.  Ironically, he must be the one that forgot. #Wit
(Related: This is really where it all went downhill)


I can’t front: Those 3-D movies are kind of cool.  Earlier this month I saw Thor and my roommate convinced me to try and watch it in 3-D.  I never got the whole “3-D craze” and I thought it was a silly gimmick but I really did enjoy it.  Now I’m not going to see every movie wearing glasses but every once in a while isn’t bad.


You should have Netflix’d: Crazy. Sexy. Cool.  There was a ton of hype surrounding this movie but I’m happy to say that Black Swan, lived up to it.  Natalie Portman did a fantastic job capturing the insanity involved with trying to make it in show business.  The movie had a cool, Stanley Kubrick feel and the movie kept you on edge.
(Related: Hurricane Season)


Had to make room on my iPod for: Fabolous - The Soul Tape.  This guy is on a serious roll.  Coming off the best album of his career, Fab now has several mixtapes that rival the best work of some of the top artists in the game.  If only there was an appropriate adjective to use to describe his music... #Wit 
(Related: Prodigy – he’s out of jail and making some good music)


Minority Opinion: Pink Friday > My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.


Just Because: After 25 years of excellence, Oprah has said good-bye to her daytime television show. She's the best that ever did it and she will continue to change the world one person at a time


Can’t wait for: Summertime.  There’s nothing better than knowing everyday is t-shirt and shorts weather.  Everyone is in a good mood and even Mondays feel better.  You can hit the beach, ride around with the top down or just take a walk to get some fresh air. #Wit ... Life will be good.
(Related: NBA Finals, UFC: Ultimate Finale – Pettis vs. Guida – I gotta see the sequel to the “ninja” kick.)

1 comment:

  1. Man, Cory Gunz looks like a real chump on that show. Thanks goodness this show is about so much more than Cory. Dude doesn't have an ounce of a backbone. He can't pick a manager. He has hissy fits when talking to his pops. It's just sad to watch.

    Tron in 3D was cool. I enjoyed that. I'm SO thankful I didn't watch Clash of the Titans in 3D. I'm just really upset that I watched Clash of the Titans

    Yeah, basketball this year has been phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete