Thursday, April 29, 2010

I line em up, you knock em down...



The Lineup: April ‘10

What I can’t live without: The Book of Basketball – Bill Simmons.  Best known as ESPN’s “The Sports Guy”, Simmons breaks down the history of basketball in a way that you’ve never seen before.  Even if basketball isn’t your favorite sport, the way he incorporates pop culture and comedy, you’ll be entertained all the way through.
(Related: NBA Playoffs – It’s FANtastic!)


You’re currently sleeping on: Donald Glover’s comedy.  The star on NBC’s Community is even funnier with his stand up.  He’s the best thing that Danny Glover has created since Lethal Weapon 1.
(Related: Tosh.0, Important Things with Demetri Martin, Aziz Ansinari)


You should have Netflix’d: Brothers.  Not a lot of people spoke about this but I loved it because it forced you to answer, “What would I have done if I were in their shoes?”  Spider-man did his thing too.
(Related: The Informant!, Up in the Air)
(UNrelated: 2012 – I should have known better)

I need a refund from…: Tyler Perry.  Seriously, you owe me for that marriage crap. Again, I probably should have known better


Had to make room on my iPod for: Wiz Khalifa – Kush & OJ.  One of  XXL’s Freshmen 10.  This dude is dope, don’t let the Weezy-like tattoos fool you, his music is more Wale than Gucci.  Download that mixtape.
(Related: Philadelphia – Meek Mill & Freeway)


You should be proud of: Zoe Saldana.  She’s come a long way since Drumline.  She’s slowly building an incredible career and she seems to remain grounded.  On the Jimmy Kimmel show she showed how proud of her Latina heritage she is.  Now she’s the female lead in almost all of her films and it doesn’t hurt to have your name attached to Avatar.

Wouldn’t trade places with: Solar.  First R.I.P. Guru.  Second, it sucks to be Solar.  How does it feel to be hated by all of Hip-Hop and joining the Axis of Evil with Suge and Benzino?  We don’t have all the facts but it’s looking quite fishy.  Solar was never really that successful and the way it seems, he never will be.
(Related: UNC Basketball – first you lose the NIT and then Duke wins the real tourney, ouch!)


Kinda embarassed but: I’m hooked on Mythbusters.  It’s an opportunity to let my inner nerd shine.
(Related: Kitchen Nightmares)



Can’t wait for...: Robin Hood… Russell Crowe… ‘nuff said.
(Related: Ironman 2, Huey & Riley)


1 comment:

  1. YES! Go Zoe!!... and of course Kitchen Nightmares (related)...and Donald Glover looks a little bit like your brother in that photo. (justsayin)

    ReplyDelete