Saturday, March 31, 2012

Late Lineup, don't judge me.


The Lineup: March ‘12

Editor’s note: This lineup is a bit shorter and (ahem) late because my birthday got in the way.

What I can’t live without: The Walking Dead.  Spartacus. I actually wanted to write about the best TV show, but I realized that I talk about my Zombies all the time. So here’s my #2 show.  Season 3 of Spartacus, in my opinion, was the best yet.  Excellent combination of sex, violence and backstabbing to keep you entertained.



Are you following?: Trayvon Martin.  I’m sure by now you heard what happened but I want to make sure that you are really paying attention to what’s going on and are able to sift through the thick layer of crap that is the general media.  I will definitely revisit this issue later this month.


Super Epic Fail: Jason Russell video. It was all good just a few weeks ago


Umm…: Okay I really think its time for us to get out of Afghanistan.  The last time I wrote about Afghanistan, U.S. soldiers were under fire after they got caught urinating on dead Afghans.   This month, it was reported that Seargant Robert Bales left his post, went to a neighboring town and killed 16 Afghan civilians – including children.  This is what happens when we have a war with no goals and no end in sight.  It’s only going to get worse from here.  Mr. President, its time to pull out.
(Related: Israel & Iran: keep this in mind when you vote in November)


You should have Netflix’d: Friends with Benefits.  I think I’m a fan of romantic comedies.  I can admit it.  The problem is most of them are filled with so many clichés that they are simply unwatchable.  Every year or so, one of these “chick flicks” comes out that have a unique story line and some decent writing and I really enjoy it.  This was one of those movies.  You already know how its going to end but you will enjoy the journey.
(Related:  JT is a actor and should be taken seriously. IMDB him.)


Had to make room on my iPod for:  The Don. Nas is back. #QueensStandUp


Can’t wait for: Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans.  Normally I’m knee deep in a March Madness Bracket but I took a pass on it.  Thankfully because I hate John Calipari and I surely would have picked against him and lost my money.  The showdown on April 21st is all that I’m thinking about.  Cage fighting is awesome to watch when the two guys are cordial.  When they hate each other’s guts, sparks will fly for sure.
(Related: Start of NBA Playoffs!)

No comments:

Post a Comment