Wednesday, February 29, 2012

This Lineup can be used for Black History Month.



The Lineup: February ‘12

What I can’t live without: L.A. Noire.  I can’t stop thinking about how awesome my trip to Barbados was this game was.  L.A. Noire was one of the most unique gaming experiences that I’ve ever had – and I’ve played A LOT of video games.  Think about the movie L.A. Confidential and imagine if you could control the characters – that’s what this game feels like.  The interrogation mode – where you interview criminals and have to decide if they are telling the truth – is worth the price alone.  Add graphics, GTA-style gameplay, a great story and you have a hit.


Are you following?: Iran.  If you thought going into Iraq in 2003 was messy, if we declare war on Iran it can set off a firestorm that we may not be able to recover from.  Furthermore, if Israel takes preemptive measures against Iran, we can teeter on a World War because Iran has several allies including Russia and China.  As much as I think President Ahmadinejad is much more of a threat than Saddam was, we simply can’t afford another war.  Diplomacy is a necessity.
(Related: Republican leader Romney has already expressed a desire to attack the nation, be warned.)


Way to rebound: The MVP of the 2012 All-Star weekend wasn’t Lebron James, Kevin Durant or Kobe Bryant… it was Kevin Hart.  From Friday to Sunday, Kevin Hart stole more scenes than Heath Ledger in Dark Knight.  I criticized his movie last month so I have to give the man credit for having me rolling throughout the weekend.  #PropsGiven
(Related: Charles Barkley commentary – hilarious!)


Kinda embarrassed but…: I still love the Khloe & Lamar show.  Not really sure what else to say other than I hope you can still respect this blog.
(UNrelated: awesome typo courtesy of E!)


Page Turner: Tanning. Or as I like to call it the smartest book that I’ve ever read based on the subject of Hip-Hop.  Steve Stoute cleverly tells the story of Hip-Hop culture through its impact on the corporate and marketing world.  It’s well written, insightful and makes you see iconic Hip-Hop events from a completely different perspective.  Reading this book makes me proud to be from Queens, New York and a member of the Hip-Hop community.


You should have Netflix’d: 50/50.  Joseph Gordon-Levitt is one of the most underrated actors in Hollywood.  With incredible performances in Inception, (500) Days of Summer and a role in the upcoming blockbuster, Dark Knight Rises, JGL's stock is on the rise.  In this movie, JGL plays a twenty-something that finds out that he has cancer.  This emotional rollercoaster takes you through all of the trials that one must go through when they are faced with their own death at such an early age.  Seth Rogen (another underrated actor that’s beginning to show range) does a great job in a supporting role.



Had to make room on my iPod for:  A Wild Boy. No he’s not another Yelawolf and no he’s not another wannabe Eminem.  Machine Gun Kelly is his own dude and has his own lane.  Although his skills still need to be sharpened, this Bad Boy records rookie already has a cult following. The stage is set to see if he can follow it up with a great debut album.
(Related: ASAP Rocky – if he eases up on the drug talk, he could be a really big deal)


Can’t wait for: Project X.  I’m starting to become a huge fan of movies that are filmed as if they were from handheld cameras.  Something about the imperfections (the shaking camera and unfocused images) gives the movie a rawness that makes everything feel real.

1 comment:

  1. LMAO @ your excitement for Project X...I can't wait for your to see it already!! These last couple of episodes of Khloe and Lamar has me really admiring them as a couple. They are so adorable and I love how they love each other and as huge as Lamar is he has no problem showing it. I hope they last for more than 7 years.

    ReplyDelete