Friday, July 29, 2011

The Lineup that's almost hotter than the past few weeks... almost.


The Lineup: July ‘11

What I can’t live without: Words With Friends. This game isn’t quite new but I finally got put on to it and its incredibly addicting.  Not sure how they don’t owe Scrabble a check but that’s for a lawyer to figure out.  This game is super competitive and if not carefully may turn your friend into an enemy.  The pic above is my boy Wiz from one of his other games.  If he dropped 112 on me, I would fight him in the street.


What you should really care about: The end of the NFL Lockout
Why you need to care: Because we finally get the privilege to overpay for tickets, parking, hot dogs, beer and cable packages to watch millionaires make even more money for billionaires.  Who am I kidding? I’m happy as hell that football is back. The universe is back to normal.


So mad at: Michael Bay.  Transformers 3 would have been a cool movie if Transformers 2 never happened.  Normally Autobots and hot chicks are enough for me but it was like Michael Bay sat everyone down on day 1 and said, “let’s cut the writing budget in half and blow more s**t up.”  Thank goodness for Shia – who carried the movie – or I would have fallen asleep.  However, it made about a half a billion dollars so there's a chance I might be writing the same exact thing next year.


#Superwoman: Women’s soccer > Men’s soccer.  They lost to Japan in the World Cup finals but these women brought it in Germany and made everyone proud.  Not sure why she's screaming? Peep.


Unexpected  dopeness: I have a soft spot for a great documentary.  Michael Rapaport’s Beat’s Rhymes & Life documentary about the legendary group, A Tribe called Quest, hits every mark.  If you’re a fan of Tribe and remember the days of Native Tongues and dashikis, then this is a must watch!


You should have Netflix’d: The Next Three Days.  Had all of the makings of a terrible movie.  Due to some solid storytelling and a Gladiator-meets-The Insider Russell Crowe performance, they managed to keep all of the good clichés in a thriller and avoid all the bad ones.
(Related: The Rock: The Most Electrifying Man in Sports Entertainment; The Mechanic)
(UNrelated: Stone – You wouldn’t think that an Ed Norton and De Niro movie could be bad… and you would be wrong.)


Had to make room on my iPod for: Common feat. Nas Ghetto Dreams.  What can I say? I’m a 1994 kind of cat.
(Related: Joell Ortiz – I swear everything he touches is fire)
(UNrelated – Lil Wayne’s Sorry for the Wait mixtape. Sucks.)


Farewell Tour: To the cast and crew of Rescue Me.  Incredible television.  The only show that I have ever seen that can consistently pull off 5 minute monologues and dialogues.  Brilliant humor, emotional acting and writing that makes you connect with every single character on the show.


Can’t wait for: Not sure what you will be doing, but I will be Watching for the Throne.
(UNrelated: Final Destination 5 – C’mon son.  Give it up.)

No comments:

Post a Comment