Thursday, March 31, 2011

A great month to dig Wizards and stuff... Line it Up!


The Lineup: March ‘11

What I can’t live without: Harry [Bleeping] Potter.  I can’t believe I’m saying it myself.  First Twilight and now this.  I’m on the 4th movie and I’m actually into it.  The movies are well made and its really fun to root for Harry (who can’t sympathize with an orphan?)  I’m not sure if I’m going to see the last one in the theater but I’m all over it.
(Related: March Madness – crapped away another $20 but it was fun while it lasted.)


Took over the world for one day:  Charlie Sheen.  Seriously, I cannot recall on day when one celebrity provided this much unintentional comedy in such a short period of time.  The amount of classic lines that emitted from those interviews will never be forgotten – Warlocks, Tiger Blood an of course… Winning!  Its moments like these that make me get on my knees and thank the Internet Gods for YouTube.


Kind of addicted to: Angry Birds.  Maybe it’s the simplicity, maybe it’s the weird “oinks” and “cantankerous chirping” or maybe it’s the surprising brain-teasing-puzzle-like format but either way it’s the reason why my phone battery dies too soon.
(Related: Sudoku – Was never smart enough for crossword puzzles – always better with numbers and this is perfect.)


Kinda embarrassed but: I can’t stop watching Cake Boss.  I managed to watch almost 10 episodes on one Sunday and was hooked all the way through.  Everytime one would begin and they would announce the type of cake, I always had the same response: “No way can you make that”.  Of course I had to see them do it and next thing I know, Carlo had me for another half hour.
(Related: Kitchen Nightmares)


Need a laugh?: The Roast of Donald Trump – if for no other reason than to watch “The Situation” completely bomb.  Priceless television. 
(Related: Daniel Tosh’s Happy Thoughts special on Comedy Central.)


You should have Netflix’d: Unstoppable.  Don’t expect any twists and deep character development, the beauty of this movie lies in its simplicity.  Train is moving fast – way too fast – and is headed for a populated area with highly explosive material.  The only thing that can stop it is of course, Denzel Washington and the kid from Star Trek.  It’s a really fun movie especially since you probably know what happens at the end.
(UNrelated: Rescue Dawn – Christan Bale usually doesn’t miss but this movie was sooooo boooorrrriinnngggg)


“Thick headedness”: To those who still feel like we don’t have to pay attention to climate change.  I hope you have been paying attention to the a** kicking that earth has been giving us over the past 14 months.  First Haiti, now Japan.  It is okay to argue and debate exactly what may or may not be causing environmental problems but it is definitely not okay to just ignore it and go on like there is nothing to be concerned about.


Had to make room on my iPod for: Lupe Fiasco.  My least favorite album from him but with Lupe being one of my favorite rappers, he definitely delivered.  His album Lasers reminds me why business and art almost never mix.
(Related: Raekwon, Rick Ross, Pac Div & Pusha T)
(UNrelated: Wiz Khalifa – its still in my iPod but I would be lying if I said I wasn’t disappointed after listening to this album)


Can’t wait for:  Fast Five. Not really much else going on in April.

1 comment:

  1. Waiting on Fast Five and Harry Potter. The Harry Potter books are almost as old as I am I have been a fan since the first book came out back in 1997 and with all the movies that followed have watched them all, now that the series is coming to an end, its kind of a sweet and bitter goodbye, luckily there is a play featuring Daniel Radcliffe that I can go see! yay and Emma is in all the magazines I read! LOL

    ReplyDelete